Saturday, March 10, 2012

IV. Reflection of English 121

Risks I took this year as an English student included writing my “Where I’m From” poem. I had never written anything like that in my life and it took a lot of personal information from me and condensed it into a poem. I liked the format of the writing and I think in the future I may try to use it again.
This year I have grown as a writer and a reader. I was pushed to go out of my comfort zone at times, like when we built a shelter outside to see what it was like for the characters in “Lord of the Flies”! That was definitely a new experience. When we were first introduced to read “Hamlet”, I felt very unsure because I knew how difficult Shakespeare was to understand. Mr. Christopher Blasurca definitely helped me to understand the hidden meanings in Shakespeare’s work because we had a lot of time in class to discuss the different chapters of the book. It was also helpful to watch the movie so I could see someone else’s take on the play. Something that was really fun with the Hamlet unit was acting out a scene from the play. I got to do one of my favorite scenes which was the gravedigger scene.  I played the gravedigger

No comments:

Post a Comment